John David Mercer-USA TODAY Sports
With NFL Combine canceled this year, LSU announced that the eight players that received invites to the event will participate in the school's Pro Day on March 31 instead. Per LSUSports.net:

quote:

BATON ROUGE – There's no NFL Combine this year, however had there been one, eight LSU Tigers were on the invite list, the NFL announced on Tuesday.

The NFL Combine was put on hiatus this year due to Covid-19 so instead of bringing the players to Indianapolis for the much-anticipated pre-draft event, the NFL will utilize Pro Day at each of the schools to supplement what is normally done at the combine.

LSU's Pro Day is scheduled for March 31 at the Indoor Practice Facility on campus. The event will be covered by the SEC Network, ESPN and the NFL Network.

LSU's list of NFL Combine invitees this year include: fullback/tight end Tory Carter, wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase, linebacker Jabril Cox, wide receiver Terrace Marshall, wide receiver Racey McMath, defensive tackle Tyler Shelvin, safety JaCoby Stevens and defensive back Kary Vincent Jr.

"It's a tremendous honor to be invited to the NFL Combine and I'm proud of each of these guys for putting themselves in position to take the next step of their football career," LSU head coach Ed Orgeron said. "It's disappointing that this group won't be able to have the full NFL Combine experience, but I know they are training hard and will put on a great performance at our Pro Day later this month."
Filed Under: LSU Football
Originally published on TigerDroppings.com

Comments

17 Comments
Can we opt out on some of these guys? Please respect my decision to ask that question.
Reply1 month
I thought some of these guys quit the program because of fear of covid. Were they part of the team last year? In school? On scholarship?
Reply1 month
No ZVR?
Reply1 month
4 of those guys should not be allowed on campus for LSU pro day.
Reply1 month
I'm not sure why they show Chase wearing a #7 jersey. The dude obviously is a phenomenal athlete and was pivotal to the championship season, but never did he play a down wearing #7.
Reply1 month
who's kary vincent?
Reply1 month
Shelvin will be out of breath just walking to the starting line for the 40.
Reply1 month
Quitter
1 month
Bro, shut up. He is the one guy who should've opted out
1 month
Why should he be the guy who opted out? He signed to play football and have an opportunity to get a free college degree, which use to mean something. No, chalkywhite you don't quit on your team.
1 month
This does not bode well for some of the opt outs that did not play this year. Will they get a chance to perform for any team that says “come over and show me what you got?
Reply1 month
Congrats baws, time to shine
Reply1 month
Hope Carter can find a spot as an UDFA somewhere
Reply1 month
Will be drafted
1 month
I believe every player listed will get drafted.
1 month
Well this is retarded. A list of players invited to an event that isn’t happening?
Reply1 month
It's like they're trying to honor the players or something. So retarded
1 month
Popular Stories
logoFollow SECRant for SEC Football News
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest updates on SEC Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitter