4772 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 1:09 pm to
Education Board
Posted by Ross
Member since Oct 2007
47824 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 1:10 pm to
oh lord he went all ZeusStamos up in here

Surprised that dude hasn’t emerged ITT with a raging hard on. You smell like an alter, you one of his?
This post was edited on 5/4/19 at 3:32 pm
Posted by Irons Puppet
Birmingham
Member since Jun 2009
25901 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 1:11 pm to
quote:

The next Aubarn or A&M jackass that tries to identify salary statistics as proof of career success will prove the ultimate "case in point." Thank you all for exemplifying first-hand the inability of engineering grads to engage reading comprehension and form cogent rebuttals.

This is why Auburn and A&M will serve as perennial backup schools for their state's flagship universities.

A last statistic:
Auburn has an 80% ACCEPTANCE RATE.
A&M has a 70% ACCEPTANCE RATE.

In other words, your school is a fricking joke. How can any university that takes 7 - 8 / 10 applicants possibly be taken seriously?

It is more difficult to be REJECTED from Auburn or A&M than to get in

The biggest BS stat in College Academics. When you have a Lottery that gives scholarships for having a B average, everybody in the state will apply for the 8K slots. A state the size of GA must produce 50K HS students a year that fits that profile. And you wonder why UGA Acceptance rate is so low. Again the best factor to determine selectivity of a school is the average SAT Score of those rejected. You never see those stats published by Universities.
Posted by 1BIGTigerFan
100,000 posts
Member since Jan 2007
49132 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 1:12 pm to
So LSU is 6th? I'll take it...
Posted by Ross
Member since Oct 2007
47824 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 1:14 pm to
Part of me thinks the word engineering triggers a lot of the UGA peeps because of the proximity to GT

just one man’s humble opinion
Posted by Irons Puppet
Birmingham
Member since Jun 2009
25901 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 1:17 pm to
quote:

The next Aubarn or A&M jackass that tries to identify salary statistics as proof of career success will prove the ultimate "case in point." Thank you all for exemplifying first-hand the inability of engineering grads to engage reading comprehension and form cogent rebuttals.

I had a friend of mine at Auburn who was struggling to make the grades in Engineering. When asked why he didn't transfer into something like Business or Education, his answer was "why, it cost the same to get an Engineering degree as it does an Education degree. " He eventually got his Mechanical Engineering degree.
Posted by ShaneTheLegLechler
Member since Dec 2011
60140 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 1:19 pm to
quote:

Part of me thinks the word engineering triggers a lot of the UGA peeps because of the proximity to GT

just one man’s humble opinion

I don’t really know a lot of UGA people but I find it hilarious how upset this dude is and how he is randomly targeting A&M as well
Posted by Pavoloco83
Acworth Ga. too many damn dawgs
Member since Nov 2013
15347 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 1:22 pm to
The Georgia score is entirely the result of the HOPE scholarship. Georgia has to continuously raise its academic standards as a way of weeding through otherwise qualified applicants and to prevent grade inflation at the HS level from being too much of a factor.

While very difficult to get in as a freshman, its much easier to get in as a sophomore after 1st year weeds out those who got in on basis of HS grade inflation.

Florida I think is much the same due to lottery funded scholarships. That one I am not 100 percent sure about but have been told this in past.
Posted by Cobb Dawg
Member since Sep 2012
9804 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 1:43 pm to
quote:

The Georgia score is entirely the result of the HOPE scholarship. Georgia has to continuously raise its academic standards as a way of weeding through otherwise qualified applicants and to prevent grade inflation at the HS level from being too much of a factor.

While very difficult to get in as a freshman, its much easier to get in as a sophomore after 1st year weeds out those who got in on basis of HS grade inflation.

Florida I think is much the same due to lottery funded scholarships. That one I am not 100 percent sure about but have been told this in past.

What does the Hope have to do with this thread. UGA has the second highest SAT scores of any school in the SEC. I know of several kids who couldn’t get into UGA, so they were forced to go to Auburn, Bama, etc. They didn’t have the standardized test scores to get into UGA, but those scores were fine at Alabama schools. It is what it is, no matter how you cut it. UGA is a much higher ranked academic institution than Auburn and Alabama by every measure, no matter what the reason.
Posted by Ross
Member since Oct 2007
47824 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 1:48 pm to
wait until the cavalry arrives and talks about how getting an undergraduate business degree at Georgia trumps an engineering degree at any school that would ever have a high acceptance rate. It’s like the UGA fans new shtick.

Then the party really gets started.
Posted by Shotcaller2
Member since Apr 2019
59 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 1:51 pm to
These are all really sad scores
Posted by Irons Puppet
Birmingham
Member since Jun 2009
25901 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 2:09 pm to
quote:

What does the Hope have to do with this thread. UGA has the second highest SAT scores of any school in the SEC

Like I posted before. GA produces over 50K HS students each year with a B or better average in order to receive the Hope Scholarship. I'm guessing UGA accepts 8K ever year. So you can understand how acceptance rates and SAT scores can be affected. It has everything to do with the Hope Scholarship.

How many out of state students do they accept every year ?
This post was edited on 5/4/19 at 2:10 pm
Posted by morriscat2
tennessee
Member since Jun 2012
1934 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 2:23 pm to
So the Big Dog on the block is Vandy again. Why am I not surprised the red neck schools can’t keep up.
This post was edited on 5/4/19 at 2:28 pm
Posted by Cobb Dawg
Member since Sep 2012
9804 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 2:39 pm to
quote:

quote:
What does the Hope have to do with this thread. UGA has the second highest SAT scores of any school in the SEC

Like I posted before. GA produces over 50K HS students each year with a B or better average in order to receive the Hope Scholarship. I'm guessing UGA accepts 8K ever year. So you can understand how acceptance rates and SAT scores can be affected. It has everything to do with the Hope Scholarship.

How many out of state students do they accept every year ?

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Fact: UGA has the 2nd highest SAT scores of any school in the SEC.

Play ping pong in your cranium all you want, but facts are facts.

Posted by boXerrumble
Member since Sep 2011
52279 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 2:41 pm to
quote:

Yes, this thread was made after both an A&M and UF alum tried to claim academic superiority over UGA. A&M is laughable considering its a backup to UT, and the UF claim was predicated on the U.S. News Rankings. Thankfully, raw statistics reveal where the actual smart kids go.

You're really making the comparison that high SAT scores = smart kids?

Posted by boXerrumble
Member since Sep 2011
52279 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 2:42 pm to
quote:

I would posit that a UGA grad now serving as a federal prosecutor for the DOJ (salary ~ 150k) is far more esteemed and successful than an mid-level engineer from Auburn (salary ~150k). The head of a prominent D.C. think tank is surely making less than a middle level engineer, but is certainly more contextually successful.

There is so much stupid here.
Posted by 19
Flux Capacitor, Fluxing
Member since Nov 2007
33182 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 2:55 pm to
It really is amazing...especially looking at it a second time.

Odds OP has ever laid eyes on a syllabus?

Posted by Irons Puppet
Birmingham
Member since Jun 2009
25901 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 3:05 pm to
quote:

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Fact: UGA has the 2nd highest SAT scores of any school in the SEC.

Play ping pong in your cranium all you want, but facts are facts.

It is just ignorant to say that the Hope Scholarship is not the major factor. What are the number of out of state students. We know the supply and demand for good students has caused Bama to go out of state to boost those numbers, but the Hope makes that a waste of time for UGA. The population of GA is over 10 million and a HS population of over 1.6M, so there are roughly 400K SRs every year. So UGA roughly accepts less than .02 of those instate students. My guess is over 90% are HS recipients, even after GT takes the cream of the crop. Would those .02 go to other schools if money was not the issue. How would that effect those numbers.
Posted by Korin
Member since Jan 2014
37935 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 3:24 pm to
Another day, another response thread by a UG alter.
Posted by dcbl
Good guys wear white hats.
Member since Sep 2013
29665 posts
Posted on 5/4/19 at 3:41 pm to
quote:

momentoftruth87
quote:

I've had professors...at lesser universities, so what does that say?

Page 1 2 3
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 3Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow SECRant for SEC Football News
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest updates on SEC Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitter