Started By
re: .

Posted on 7/16/17 at 2:00 pm to
Posted by ImayGoLesMiles
Baton Rouge, La
Member since Feb 2015
12709 posts
Posted on 7/16/17 at 2:00 pm to
Ok, it's pretty obvious you haven't seen brandon harris throw a football.
Posted by Section225
Member since Jun 2011
3692 posts
Posted on 7/16/17 at 2:07 pm to
Les got complacent after winning his first title. He thought since he had won a NC with the style he ran that nothing could be better. He was loyal to a fault with coaches that needed to go and decided to say "F the fans and the administration ... Im not changing." He thought he was untouchable and LSU canned him.
Posted by Brazos
Member since Oct 2013
20360 posts
Posted on 7/16/17 at 3:46 pm to
I think he knew he had to change but just couldn't pull the trigger to do it for whatever reason. I was ecstatic when I heard he was fired that Sunday after the Auburn game. I was equally saddened eight weeks later to hear that LSU hired Orgeron. The hiring of O was a bigger WTF moment than all of Les Miles WTF moments combined at LSU. I'm hoping for the best but I'm not expecting much.
Posted by Fishhead
Elmendorf, TX
Member since Jan 2008
12171 posts
Posted on 7/16/17 at 4:28 pm to
quote:

He thought since he had won a NC with the style he ran that nothing could be better.
you see, here's the thing. The 2007 offense was nothing like what he ran after 2008. Don't you guys remember the tight end being an integral part of the offense prior to 2008? Dickson was a feature in that National Championship season and especially in the NCG.

The bottom line is, Les won using Jimbo's system. Yes, Crowton was OC in 2007, but we didn't start using his system really until 2008. And it was all downhill offensively from there. Les never got an offensive coordinator that he trusted that was worth a shite after that. He trusted Cameron maybe, but he wasn't worth a shite, so there's that.
This post was edited on 7/16/17 at 4:33 pm
Posted by TheHarahanian
Actually not Harahan as of 6/2023
Member since May 2017
19509 posts
Posted on 7/16/17 at 7:08 pm to
Les thought he was right all the time and was too stubborn to see thing any other way. The last 5 games of 2011 are a small example of what was happening from 2009 through the end of Miles' tenure, with some exceptions like 2013.
In every game after the Bama regular season game in 2011, LSU struggled to score. The lone exception is the worst Ole Miss team I've ever seen, but includes Western Kentucky, where LSU led at the half 14-7, and WKU scored a safety in the 3rd quarter. Arkansas led in the 2nd quarter. Georgia led at the half of the SECCG and every LSU fan I saw at the concession stands was sure LSU would lose. Then 21-0.
In each case except 21-0, defense or special teams sparked a comeback.
I saw that the offense was not sufficient, and so I know a lot of others must have seen that too. No changes were made.
Posted by bayou85
Concordia
Member since Sep 2016
8615 posts
Posted on 7/16/17 at 7:10 pm to
if Ed can get production out of O and produce QBs, then really hard stand by this statement. But only future will tell
Posted by Gulf Coast Tiger
Ms Gulf Coast
Member since Jan 2004
18661 posts
Posted on 7/16/17 at 7:28 pm to
We are in a good position. Coach O will bring in great players and he is not a Hugh paid coach. If he wins then great. If not then we get a loaded roster for our next coach
Page 1 2
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow SECRant for SEC Football News
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest updates on SEC Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitter