by
9 Comments
Jake Crandall/ Advertiser / USA TODAY NETWORK via Imagn Images
Update: Diego Pavia Responds To Report That He May Seek 7th Year Of Eligibility

Vanderbilt quarterback Diego Pavia was granted a sixth year of college eligibility in the winter allowing him to play this season and may challenge for a 7th season of eligibilty in 2026. Per SI.com:
quote:

Pavia was granted a sixth year of college eligibility in the winter after arguing that the existing NCAA rules surrounding junior college eligibility violates antitrust law and limited potential Name, Image and Likeness earnings. He was given a waiver for the 2025 season that allowed him to play a season that he previously would have been ineligible for.

On Tuesday Pavia’s attorney said that if the rules are not found to violate antitrust laws, he will look to add a stack a to challenge to the redshirt rule and ask for an injunction that would make Pavia eligible to play in 2026.

“Pavia's attorney is saying that unless the rules are not found to be subject to antitrust they're going to stack on a challenge to the redshirt rule and asking for an injunction so Pavia can play in 2026,” Sports law professor Sam C. Elrich said. “Had a feeling that would be the case given some of the briefing.”
Filed Under: Vanderbilt Sports
9 Comments
user avatar
user avatar
OGTiger2 months
I’ve said this all along. This is just the beginning of the lawsuits. from taxes to Worker’s Compensation to disability to eligibility, etc. etc. etc. The Charlie Foxtrot hasn’t even started yet.
user avatar
Rex Feral2 months
Looking more and more like minor league football
user avatar
atltiger64872 months
I hate what college football has become
user avatar
awestruck2 months
What a slap in the face to every player that had to make their mark in four years.
user avatar
cajunmud2 months
Make hay while the sun shines. Don't believe the NFL's gonna be needing you.
user avatar
aTmTexas Dillo2 months
Can you imagine being QB2 in waiting?
user avatar
6R122 months
Fans will eventually get tired of the pay to play NIL stuff. They start out by saying the 1 time transfer was fine. Then they could bounce in and out. Then comes paying them. Now it's just down to making fun of the NCAA. The next thing fans will say I've had enough. Will it make it that way sooner or later?
user avatar
goodgrin2 months
Get a real job, dumb arse!
user avatar
mule742 months
He has a real job. He’s trying to keep it as long as he can
Popular Stories
logoFollow SECRant for SEC Football News
Follow us on X and Facebook to get the latest updates on SEC Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitter