re: .

Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:45 am to
Posted by FairhopeTider
Fairhope, Alabama
Member since May 2012
20762 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:45 am to
quote:

are more pathetic tin foil hat conspiracy theorists than the 9/11 or Sandy Hook conspiracists.

Believing a college player getting paid by boosters is clearly more ridiculous than believing George W. Bush was the mastermind behind 9/11.
Posted by bamasgot13
Birmingham
Member since Feb 2010
13619 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:48 am to
quote:

A rogue MSU booster contacted Cam's dad Cecil and wanted to pay him to get Cam to Cecil

And Cecil was, at least for a time, a willing participant in those conversations. He exchanged almost 300 phone calls and text messages with Rogers and has admitted that he was looking to get money from MSU but that Cam didn't know.

Cam may well not have known a thing about it, but don't act like Cecil was pure in the whole thing.

Also, one reason why many people believe (not saying I'm one of them) that AU paid Cecil is b/c Cecil made the decision for Cam to go to AU. It was down to MSU and AU and Cam let Cecil decide where to go.
Posted by BowlJackson
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2013
52881 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:51 am to
quote:

That is the public record. Where did I go wrong?

Where do I even start? You got the public record completely wrong.

Public record is that Rogers and the MSU people all approached Cecil, not the other way around. Everybody involved's sworn statements say so.

And again, you have no proof of Cam saying that to Mullens wife other than her saying it. This is a woman known to be over dramatic and vindictive, and who was admittedly emotionally upset over the situation, and we all know what women are capable of when emotional. And Mullens wife makes Kristi Malzahn look sane.
Posted by KiwiHead
Auckland, NZ
Member since Jul 2014
27484 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:52 am to
....but did the Yella Fella donate lots of wood to renovate Cecil's church?

Only the Yella Fella knows and if he tells you, he'll have to EAT you
This post was edited on 7/7/17 at 11:54 am
Posted by BowlJackson
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2013
52881 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:55 am to
quote:

Has the NCAA ever found a championship team guilty of cheating?

1992 Bama
2004 USC
Posted by TheGusBus34
New Orleans, LA
Member since Oct 2014
1635 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:56 am to
What if Cam actually wanted to go to Auburn? I mean the offense did in fact fit his talents and he was indeed the missing piece obviously so why are yall so hurt after 7 years still?

I just don't get how Auburn got away with murder when the FBI and NCAA was on campus investigating and didn't find not one thing. Make it so bad is that Auburn is a team who normally gets hit with violations but came out squeaky clean in this one.

what exactly do yall know that hasn't been investigated?

Posted by BowlJackson
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2013
52881 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:56 am to
quote:

Thank you for your insight. Bowl Jackson you are the most intelligent member of this blog. I always admire your input and wish i could be as talented at life as you

You're welcome, and obviously
Posted by rbWarEagle
Member since Nov 2009
49999 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 12:00 pm to
You look like such a little bitch in this thread
Posted by TT9
Global warming
Member since Sep 2008
82952 posts
quote:

Say what you want about Alabama, but to me there's never been a dirtier program than Auburn.
the nation as a whole agrees.
Posted by BowlJackson
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2013
52881 posts
quote:

Believing a college player getting paid by boosters is clearly more ridiculous than believing George W. Bush was the mastermind behind 9/11.

That is ridiculous. Of course Bush wasn't the master mind. He just had prior knowledge and allowed it to happen, even actively made it worse/ participated (Pentagon, building 7, fighter jets shot down the planes in Pennsylvania) to get the war drums beating.

Duh
Posted by TheGusBus34
New Orleans, LA
Member since Oct 2014
1635 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 12:02 pm to
If Cam went 0-12 and didn't win a Heisman nobody wouldn't have cared. Nothing was said during summer practices that year and it wasn't until Auburn beat MSU at Starkville that news even came out. The whole ordeal sounded like butt hurt fans/boosters from the beginning, Im almost certain.
This post was edited on 7/7/17 at 12:05 pm
Posted by bamasgot13
Birmingham
Member since Feb 2010
13619 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 12:12 pm to
quote:

What if Cam actually wanted to go to Auburn? I mean the offense did in fact fit his talents and he was indeed the missing piece

No doubt the offense was great for him and he was the missing piece. My point was just that he wanted to go to MSU and that Cecil chose AU for him. That's a fact.

Doesn't mean AU did anything wrong and I'm not claiming they did.
Posted by TheGusBus34
New Orleans, LA
Member since Oct 2014
1635 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 12:16 pm to
I remember it being down to Auburn and Oklahoma seriously. I didn't know he wanted to go to MSU that bad until the accusations happened. Of course I know of his prior relationship with mullen but 247 and rivals had him either OU or AU bound.
Posted by Tigerman97
Member since Jun 2014
10354 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 12:20 pm to
Cam the gift that keeps on giving.

The amount of misinformation about Cam is still unprecedented. This thread actually has bama fans defending Cam.
Posted by Irons Puppet
Birmingham
Member since Jun 2009
25901 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 12:22 pm to
After a two year full blown investigation, the NCAA praised AUs compliance. What more can be said, only the butthurt fans can not accept it. They are still praying that the NCAA will take away that Championship.
Posted by beatbammer
Member since Sep 2010
38015 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 12:23 pm to
quote:

Milt McGregor and Bobby Lowder paid off the NCAA.

Both of whom earned their doctorates from the Don Leebern/Bill Heard Chevrolet School of Boostering.

That was a mighty fine Trans Am Herschel was driving when he reported to Athens back in the day.
Posted by KingBarkus
New Orleans
Member since Nov 2009
8338 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 12:32 pm to
quote:

What if Cam actually wanted to go to Auburn? I mean the offense did in fact fit his talents and he was indeed the missing piece obviously so why are yall so hurt after 7 years still?

Auburn was ranked around 32 in the 2010 preseason football polls.

2010 preseason poll

You Auburn fans are trying to sell the idea all Auburn needed was a QB to get us over the hump and win the BCS. Yes, it turned out that Cam's talents carried the team, but I think it is revisionist history to claim Auburn knew beforehand it would happen as it played out. If so, they would have paid far more than 200k.

Posted by Vecchio Cane
Ivory Tower
Member since Jul 2016
17745 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 12:34 pm to
Look, we have no doubt that Starkville, MS.wasn't the first choice destination for this guy or his lifestyle

But don't pretend that Auburn, AL. was his choice either. Cam was from Atlanta. Did he pick AU out of high school? Nope. Did the silver tongue and dynamic personality of Gene Chizik win him over? GTFO

Auburn got him, and won a Natty. Congrats
This post was edited on 7/7/17 at 12:37 pm
Posted by bamasgot13
Birmingham
Member since Feb 2010
13619 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 12:38 pm to
quote:

remember it being down to Auburn and Oklahoma seriously. I didn't know he wanted to go to MSU that bad until the accusations happened.

Google the SI article "Catch Cam If You Can (You Can't)". In it (dated Nov 1, 2010), Cam stats that Cecil made the choice for him to go to AU and that it was down to MSU or AU
Posted by BowlJackson
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2013
52881 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 12:41 pm to
quote:

My point was just that he wanted to go to MSU

Nobody wants to go to MSU with better offers on the table. Up until Auburn entered the picture his best commitable offer besides MSU was Kansas State. And Manhattan, Kansas might be the one major college town in America worse than Starkville.

His final top 2 was Auburn and Oklahoma which invalidates your cute little theory.

quote:

Cecil chose AU for him. That's a fact. 

Let's ignore the gross misuse of the word "fact" without any evidence whatsoever to back it up.
Do you honestly believe any parent in America has that much power over their 20 year old that's been on his own far away from home in college for 3 years? Because they don't.
And if Cecil could "make" Cam go anywhere, don't you think it would be MSU, thr school offering six figures.

Logic apparently holds no place here
Jump to page
Page First 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 15Next pagelast page

logoFollow SECRant for SEC Football News
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest updates on SEC Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitter