re: .

Posted on 7/7/17 at 10:26 am to
Posted by KingBarkus
New Orleans
Member since Nov 2009
8338 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 10:26 am to
quote:

Memories, Cam the gift that keeps on giving.

This was a story that had no legs to it. A MSU former player (Rogers) was pushing to get Cam to sign with MSU and tried to get money for Cecil. The former MSU player never contacted Auburn. MSU may or may not have made a down payment to Rogers, but no proof was ever given that Cecil or Cam got any money from anyone.

It would not have been fair to penalize Auburn for the crimes that MSU made.
so the NCAA found away to prevent that from happening.

Auburn was innocent and remains innocent.

MSU is a crappy program with a terrible person as a head coach.

It is amazing what Auburn fans will believe. Cecil demanded money from Rogers. He quoted a discount. That means Cecil, not Rogers, had a price of $200k.
Rogers was simply doing the bidding for Cecil. We know he demanded $180k from MSU (a discount) and MSU TURNED THEM IN.

What crimes did MSU make? That reasoning is insane or more accurately, fanatical. The fact that the NCAA simply could not prove illegalities by Auburn does not make them innocent.
Posted by NYCAuburn
TD Platinum Membership/SECr Sheriff
Member since Feb 2011
57002 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 10:34 am to
quote:

It is amazing what Auburn fans will believe.

interesting until you followed with this

quote:

Cecil demanded money from Rogers. He quoted a discount. That means Cecil, not Rogers, had a price of $200k.
Rogers was simply doing the bidding for Cecil. We know he demanded $180k from MSU (a discount) and MSU TURNED THEM IN.
Posted by Weagle25
THE Football State.
Member since Oct 2011
46188 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 10:35 am to
Why would he take a discount to go to MSU?

Wouldn't he take the discount to go to the better football program?
Posted by KingBarkus
New Orleans
Member since Nov 2009
8338 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 10:43 am to
quote:

interesting until you followed with this

quote:
Cecil demanded money from Rogers. He quoted a discount. That means Cecil, not Rogers, had a price of $200k.

Go on...

That's the record. We don't know everything about the case, but we do know:

MSU and Mullen recruited Cam a long time. He knew the Mullens personally as far back as the Florida days.

When it came time for Cam to sign, Rogers (repping Cam/Cecil) claimed it would be a price of $180k off a discount from $200k because of the previous relationship.

How am I doing so far?

The coaches refused to pay.

Cam called the Mullen household to inform Mullen of his decision to attend Auburn, a school that had not been recruiting Cam Newton very long. Mullen's wife answered and Cam told her "the money was too much".

That is the public record. Where did I go wrong?
Posted by FairhopeTider
Fairhope, Alabama
Member since May 2012
20762 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 10:50 am to
The case always came down to there was never a smoking gun that implicated Auburn. There wasn't even a rumor of who brokered the deal. There was no name like Logan Young that came out. The closest anyone got was Danny Sheridan saying he knew who the bagman was but that was more than likely a stunt orchestrated by him and Finebaum. I'm a bammer so of course I wanted to see AU/Cam brought down, but it was clear early on that nothing was going to happen to them unless something came out that actually implicated Auburn. That wasn't going to happen because either A) Why would anyone involved want the details to get out? B) If they did pay Cam, there's probably no available evidence of it.

The underreported story was that you had some Bama trolls like William "redfish" Barger fanning the flames on message boards in order to promote some small time business ventures. Barger and his partner Scott Moore were responsible for a lot of the crap you saw online about Cam & AU. I believe they were in with John Bond to help spread rumors/innuendo online and to the media. There other faux "insiders" trying to ride the coattails of this story by pushing BS rumors that the case was bigger than Cam.

I think Auburn paid Cam, but they were smart by basically pressing the NCAA and telling them to "prove it." Auburn was in the middle of a historic season and Cam was highest profile player in the country. You better believe AU & Slive told the NCAA that unless they have ironclad evidence, then you better BTFO.

This post was edited on 7/7/17 at 10:52 am
Posted by KingBarkus
New Orleans
Member since Nov 2009
8338 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:00 am to
One more thing. During the Cam recruitment, I worked with the Father of a coach at Kansas State. As we know, Kansas State was heavily involved in JC recruiting and this asst coach was recruiting Cam hard. I walked into the Father's office while he was on the phone with his son (the asst coach) and playfully yelled "stop recruiting Cam! We(MSU) have him!"
The asst coach said matter-of-factly "he's going to MSU".
Posted by cajunbama
Metairie
Member since Jan 2007
30949 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:12 am to
quote:

The original tea bagging...

Posted by Weagle25
THE Football State.
Member since Oct 2011
46188 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:14 am to
quote:

One more thing. During the Cam recruitment, I worked with the Father of a coach at Kansas State. As we know, Kansas State was heavily involved in JC recruiting and this asst coach was recruiting Cam hard. I walked into the Father's office while he was on the phone with his son (the asst coach) and playfully yelled "stop recruiting Cam! We(MSU) have him!"
The asst coach said matter-of-factly "he's going to MSU".

Oh well..CASE CLOSED!

Posted by bamasgot13
Birmingham
Member since Feb 2010
13619 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:16 am to
quote:

"The money was too much" Cam to Mullen's wife.

How do we know that? Where is there proof of that? I've not seen that anywhere. Is this truly a he said/she said thing? Did she testify to the NCAA to that extent?

quote:

We don't know the details of the investigation. Have you seen transcripts of interviews?

we don't know. you're right. just like we don't know that he really said that to Mullen's wife. I do think it's interesting that MSU didn't turn him in until after signing day.

I also think the investigation may have taken a different turn had AU lost a game and been knocked out of title contention. Who knows? Either way, it was investigated and NCAA found nothing that it could use to penalize over and they then changed the "didn't know" loophole in the rules.
Posted by GoCrazyAuburn
Member since Feb 2010
34884 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:19 am to
quote:

How do we know that? Where is there proof of that? I've not seen that anywhere. Is this truly a he said/she said thing? Did she testify to the NCAA to that extent?

We have no clue if it ever happened. The NCAA couldn't prove that conversation happened. They wouldn't have really been able to argue Cam knew nothing about any of it if they could prove that conversation.
Posted by DingLeeBerry
Member since Oct 2014
10895 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:21 am to
Has the NCAA ever found a championship team guilty of cheating? I don't recall them sound so. If Auburn hadn't won the championship, they'd have gotten hammered, but doing so Made it to a line the NCAA isn't willing to cross.
Posted by Weagle25
THE Football State.
Member since Oct 2011
46188 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:22 am to
quote:

Has the NCAA ever found a championship team guilty of cheating?

Off the top of my head, USC
Posted by yatesdog38
in your head rent free
Member since Sep 2013
12737 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:26 am to
Dan established a relationship and coached him briefly at Florida... i'm guessing you are too stupid to realize that though. Dan is also the quarterback whisperer. Had he come to mississippi state he would be better than tom brady and peyton manning combined
This post was edited on 7/7/17 at 11:32 am
Posted by Weagle25
THE Football State.
Member since Oct 2011
46188 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:29 am to
They had such a good relationship that he demanded money to go to his school

quote:

Had he come to mississippi state he would be better than tom brady and peyton manning combined

I am SO glad you added that in your edit...

Posted by yatesdog38
in your head rent free
Member since Sep 2013
12737 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:31 am to
don't be stupid... i will change my edit you are stupid for not understanding that it was between msstate and auburn for the sole reason of Dan Mullen.
Posted by BowlJackson
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2013
52881 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:31 am to
Because Auburn didn't do anything.

A rogue MSU booster contacted Cam's dad Cecil and wanted to pay him to get Cam to Cecil, knowing full well that's the only chance they'd ever have at a 5* QB. shite didn't go down, and Cam went to Auburn.

This is proven, documented fact.
You people that actually still believe that Auburn and the Newton's actually hid $200,000 from not only the NCAA, but the FBI and IRS after that big long exhaustive investigation, are more pathetic tin foil hat conspiracy theorists than the 9/11 or Sandy Hook conspiracists. At least those people have "evidence" to back up their claims. All you Cam Newton conspiracists have is a feeling that you think it's obvious.
Posted by yatesdog38
in your head rent free
Member since Sep 2013
12737 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:33 am to
Thank you for your insight. Bowl Jackson you are the most intelligent member of this blog. I always admire your input and wish i could be as talented at life as you.
Posted by Weagle25
THE Football State.
Member since Oct 2011
46188 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:35 am to
You are clearly coming off as the smart one in this thread...keep going
This post was edited on 7/7/17 at 11:35 am
Posted by BowlJackson
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2013
52881 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:41 am to
quote:

Only proof is that the father attempted to gain money from MSU.

I think you mean the only proof was that MSU attempted to give money to the father. Cecil may have briefly entertained the offer, but I think we can all ascertain that it was only because the good reverend is such a gentlemen that he didn't want to be rude. For some folks it's hard to tell others no. Lucky for the good Reverend Newton his Christian senses kicked in before it was too late.
Posted by BowlJackson
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2013
52881 posts
Posted on 7/7/17 at 11:44 am to
quote:

"The money was too much" Cam to Mullen's wife.
What did he mean by that?

First of all, you have no proof that he ever said that. Just the word of a vindictive, scornful, butthurt bitch

And yes, if he did say that, then logically he could have very well meant that he could have never gone to MSU because of the money that y'alls boosters offered him would have left him ineligible.
Jump to page
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 15Next pagelast page

logoFollow SECRant for SEC Football News
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest updates on SEC Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitter