Started By
re: .

Posted on 7/13/17 at 8:23 am to
Posted by JCdawg
Member since Sep 2014
7797 posts
quote:

C'Mon. A new Braves stadium was a lot more important.

Go Cobb Braves!
Posted by StopRobot
Mobile, AL
Member since May 2013
15391 posts
quote:

A poster named DoTurd pretty arrogantly said Nashville was hands down, far and away the best city in the SE

He's right. I love Nashville.
Posted by TheDeathValley
New Orleans, LA
Member since Sep 2010
17152 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 8:36 am to
My top in no order:

Savannah
Austin
Tampa
Dallas
New Orleans
Posted by JuiceTerry
Roond the Scheme
Member since Apr 2013
40868 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 8:36 am to
Destin/Santa Rosa Beach
Posted by Centinel
Idaho
Member since Sep 2016
43333 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 8:37 am to
Boy you rustled some Atlanta homer jimmies with that one...

The problem with a big city like Atlanta is that along with all the cool things that come with a big city is all of the bad things that come with a big city. And Atlanta has pretty much all of the bad things.

I mean I guess it's not bad if you can afford to wall yourself off from the minorities and poor folks though.
Posted by TheGreek
Historic Brookhaven
Member since Jun 2012
231 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 8:49 am to
quote:

Cobb Dawg

all true. ATL has most everything the other mentioned cities have and then some.
Posted by I-59 Tiger
Vestavia Hills, AL
Member since Sep 2003
36703 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 9:00 am to
toss up between Laurel,MS and Bowling Green,KY.
Posted by thatthang
Member since Jan 2012
6770 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 9:08 am to
quote:

It's my favorite city. But I'm also a musician. It's definitely not for everyone, but I love it.

What kind of musician are you CCTider? Do you play many gigs these days? I have family in New Orleans and unlimited love for that city, but I think it represents a challenging location for a professional musician these days. The city obviously enjoys a joie de vivre that cannot be matched in this country, with unsurpassed options for food and and also the ability to see live music 7 nights a week. And then you have Jazzfest, Voodoo Fest, and a half dozen other festivals I could name. That said, I've heard the permanent local music scene described as a little stale and contrived, catering more to tourists than focusing on innovation. Just to use examples of SEC towns, I'd put Nashville and (most impressively due to its much smaller size) Athens, well ahead of New Orleans in terms of the metrics that are traditional components of a 'music town.' There's no denying the history of music in New Orleans - how it has traditionally been taught in the high schools is cool as hell, and the way music provides the beat of everyday life for the entire town is undeniable. Still, I'm reminded of a Kermit Ruffins interview I read a couple years ago when he compared the NOLA music scene unfavorably (and pretty bitterly I might add) to....Houston...of all places. Just curious on your thoughts there.
Posted by DoreonthePlains
Auburn, AL
Member since Nov 2013
7436 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 9:15 am to
quote:

Bowling Green,KY.

Underrated growing town. It has exploded recently. It's not a "best city in the Southeast" caliber town yet, but it could be in 15 or 20 years.
Posted by Dire Wolf
bawcomville
Member since Sep 2008
36608 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 9:18 am to
quote:

Jacksonville are better than Nashville.

no J-ville blows
Posted by OldRebYeller
Member since Jan 2017
292 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 9:21 am to
plus WKU is G5 tGOAT

Posted by thatthang
Member since Jan 2012
6770 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 9:30 am to
quote:

no J-ville blows

Of all the ridiculous opinions I saw on this thread, the one from the guy pushing JAX was possibly the most absurd.
Posted by 1801
Charleston
Member since Aug 2012
6298 posts
quote:

Greenville, SC.

Posted by Vecchio Cane
Ivory Tower
Member since Jul 2016
17723 posts
quote:

I grew up in South Tampa

You know you're from Gibsonton, you circus freak
Posted by Vecchio Cane
Ivory Tower
Member since Jul 2016
17723 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 9:33 am to
quote:

Bowling Green,KY.

It's a great location. Day trips to Nashville, Louisville, Cincy. How far is Indy from BG?
Posted by Cheese Grits
Wherever I lay my hat is my home
Member since Apr 2012
54630 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 9:37 am to
So close to being the state capitol instead of Little Rock.

quote:

Posted by Cheese Grits
Member since Apr 2012
54630 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 9:38 am to
quote:

How far is Indy from BG?

About 2 hours from BG to DaVille (all interstate) and about another hour to hour and a half from DaVille to Indy.
Posted by Cheese Grits
Member since Apr 2012
54630 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 9:39 am to
Upvoted for sig pic

Posted by The Balinese Club
Coastal Bend Area of Texas
Member since Jul 2011
2797 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 9:47 am to
My choices are:

Big City: Houston, Nashville, Orlando, Atlanta.

Mid Size City: Birmingham, Charleston, Chattanooga, Fayetteville, Pensacola (area), Jacksonville, Corpus Christi.
Posted by Cobb Dawg
Member since Sep 2012
9804 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 9:49 am to
quote:

Georgia passed major tax breaks. The movie industry goes where the tax breaks are.

The movie industry wouldn't go to Memphis or Knoxville no matter how many tax breaks you gave. Do you not think TN has offered tax breaks?

quote:

All southern major cities do.

Really? How many major sporting events are in Nashville as opposed to Atlanta? Want to go down the list?
quote:

This doesn't happen as much anymore, but again, major tax breaks, like not paying any for a decade. Example: Newell Rubbermaid moved to Atlanta for the tax breaks, they already left for New Jersey for another

Care to compare how many corporate national or regional HQ's are in Atlanta compared to any other SE town? It ain't close.

quote:

Because the city refuses to build a second airport like it should.

All other major US cities have at least two airports.

This shows how little you know about Atlanta. And that's pretty typical of most who've never spent any time here. Atlanta has more airports than any city in the SE, plus the busiest. Want to compare the number of airports Atlanta has to the rest of the SE?

With the completion of the Mercedes-Benz stadium, Atlanta will arguably have some of the best sporting venues in the nation, much less the SE. Atlanta has some of the best restaurants in the SE, best museums, best tourism venues, best hiking, biking, green spaces, universities, etc.

Name me one city in the SE that has more of all of the afore-mentioned than Atlanta and we'll compare item-by-item.

Jump to page
Page First 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 5 of 14Next pagelast page

logoFollow SECRant for SEC Football News
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest updates on SEC Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitter