Posted by Pinche Cabron
TN
Member since Nov 2015
3639 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 5:22 am to
quote:

Bucksnort

A real place

Nashville is the answer, but Charleston, is a close second because of how nice it is.

Atlanta? Are you kidding me????
Posted by Vandyrone
Nashville, TN
Member since Dec 2012
6960 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 5:24 am to
It's Nashville but I can certainly understand if people are sick of hearing that by now.
Posted by Carolina_Girl
South Cackalacky
Member since Apr 2012
23973 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 5:29 am to
quote:

Atlanta? Are you kidding me????

That place is a steaming pile of ghetto shite if he was referring to the metro ATL area. The outlying communities such as Dunwoody and Alpharetta are okay, but certainly nowhere near the best the SE has to offer.
Posted by jptiger2009
Baton Rouge
Member since Feb 2009
9616 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 6:24 am to
Hammond, LA

it's where the dandelions grow.
Posted by RD Dawg
Atlanta
Member since Sep 2012
27297 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 6:52 am to
quote:

metro ATL area. The outlying communities such as Dunwoody and Alpharetta are okay,

Umm,Dunwoody and Alpharetta are in the metro area you fricking idiot.

So glad you have such a thorough knowledge of the city
and METRO ATLANTA.

Why don't you take a look at home prices in the city?
Midtown,West Midtown,Virginia Highlands,etc anDo get back to me.Highly doubt you could afford an inlaw suite in any of those areas.
Posted by jj06
atlanta..God’s city
Member since Jul 2013
2295 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 6:57 am to
quote:

That place is a steaming pile of ghetto shite if he was referring to the metro ATL area. The outlying communities such as Dunwoody and Alpharetta are okay, but certainly nowhere near the best the SE has to offer.

Lol there are probably only a handful of ghetto areas. There are tons working middle and upper class black neighborhoods where nothing happens at all

But you think that black=ghetto & dangerous. Let your ignorance flow
Posted by TIGERSPIKE
Member since Oct 2016
1445 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 7:14 am to
Enjoy ATL while you can. The influx of liberal dilweeds is transforming the city and will be a full blown yankee town in a decade if not sooner. Nashville, at the moment is the easy answer. Tampa and further south is not southern FWIW. The south has a lot of cool smaller big cities but way behind in the mega city scene.
Posted by tiger114
Fairhope, AL
Member since Sep 2009
5223 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 7:32 am to
quote:

Mobile? You serious, Clark?

Not in the least.
Posted by JCdawg
Member since Sep 2014
7797 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 7:39 am to
quote:

Anybody who doesn't know that Atlanta is the best city in the SEC has never spent time in Atlanta. It's not even close. Atlanta has everything. Why do you think the movie industry is migrating to Atlanta? Why do you think so many companies are moving their HQs to Atlanta? Why do you think Atlanta hosts do many major sporting events? Why do you think Atlanta has the world's busiest airport? Nashville has some good aspects, but it comes nowhere close to Atlanta. No other city in the SE does.

I won't argue about Atlanta being one of the best, but I can answer most of your questions.

quote:

Why do you think the movie industry is migrating to Atlanta?

Georgia passed major tax breaks. The movie industry goes where the tax breaks are.
LINK /

quote:

Why do you think so many companies are moving their HQs to Atlanta?

This doesn't happen as much anymore, but again, major tax breaks, like not paying any for a decade. Example: Newell Rubbermaid moved to Atlanta for the tax breaks, they already left for New Jersey for another.
LINK /

quote:

Why do you think Atlanta hosts do many major sporting events?

All southern major cities do.

quote:

Why do you think Atlanta has the world's busiest airport?

Because the city refuses to build a second airport like it should.

All other major US cities have at least two airports.
LINK /
This post was edited on 7/13/17 at 7:55 am
Posted by Pinche Cabron
TN
Member since Nov 2015
3639 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 7:48 am to
You sure know how to sweet talk the ladies

Atlanta is, as she said, a steaming pile of crap. I have been all over the United States. Atlanta is tied with Memphis for being a crap-hole
Posted by JCdawg
Member since Sep 2014
7797 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 7:53 am to
quote:

Atlanta is, as she said, a steaming pile of crap. I have been all over the United States. Atlanta is tied with Memphis for being a crap-hole

You cannot be taken seriously when you say things like this.

Atlanta is, and has been one of the most prosperous cities in the country for three decades. Georgia district 6 is top five in the most affluent and educated districts in the country. The metro area has a growth rate of roughly 100k residents per year. Atlanta is 1100 ft above sea level giving it a much better climate than the rest of the south. Literally everything you could possibly want in an American city is found in Atlanta.
Posted by RD Dawg
Atlanta
Member since Sep 2012
27297 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 8:00 am to
quote:

Why do you think Atlanta hosts do many major sporting events?

All southern major cities do.

ALL???WHich ones exactly have hosted the Olympics and Final Fours and Super Bowls and SECCG and the SEC and ACC basketball tournaments.

sure some have hosted a some of these vents bUT ALL
southern Major cities???

quote:

This doesn't happen as much anymore, but again, major tax breaks, like not paying any for a decade.

Most states offer incentives for companies to relocate but not "paying for a decade"?Which corporations got that deal to move to metro atl?Mreceded Benz?UPS?Home Depot?Georgia Pacific?

Once again incentives were offered by other states,why didn'the they move there?

This post was edited on 7/13/17 at 8:01 am
Posted by agswin
The Republic of Texas
Member since Aug 2011
4341 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 8:02 am to
quote:

A poster named DoTurd

Case closed
Posted by Vecchio Cane
Ivory Tower
Member since Jul 2016
17723 posts
quote:

So what is the best Southeast town?

Destin, in the off-season
Posted by yatesdog38
in your head rent free
Member since Sep 2013
12737 posts
I'm glad this thread was started... i'll start by saying i'm trying to get out of my city but i do love it(memphis) but here are the ones I chose not to move to. I do plan on moving which is the second row just depends on the opportunity/pay
1. Jackson, MS 1. Charlotte
2. Birmingham 2. ATL
3. Baton Rouge 3. Tampa
4. Huntsville 4. Nashville
5. Little Rock 5. Savannah/Charleston
Posted by WhiskeyPapa
Member since Aug 2016
9277 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 8:06 am to
quote:

A poster named DoTurd pretty arrogantly said Nashville was hands down, far and away the best city in the SE and all other places were basically Memphis-like with crime and violence and everyone else outside of Nashville sucks and has small dicks and ugly wives and dumb kids.

Years ago there were these bumper stickers you saw around:

"It is Nice In Nashville"

"We have it made in Madison"

"It is good in Goodlettsville"

Having lived in both Atlanta and Nashville I favor Nashville. I do not suggest that I have total objectivity.
Posted by OldRebYeller
Member since Jan 2017
292 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 8:11 am to
I grew up in South Tampa and it's really nice, has alot of cool areas and good schools.

Downtown Tampa for the most part is a shithole though, except for the parts touching the water. Tons of homeless people
Posted by JCdawg
Member since Sep 2014
7797 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 8:12 am to
quote:

ALL???WHich ones exactly have hosted the Olympics and Final Fours and Super Bowls and SECCG and the SEC and ACC basketball tournaments.

sure some have hosted a some of these vents bUT ALL
southern Major cities???

I don't even need to answer this question. The olympics is the only thing Atlanta has over the other southern major cities, and like everything else, it came down to money.

quote:

Most states offer incentives for companies to relocate but not "paying for a decade"?Which corporations got that deal to move to metro atl?Mreceded Benz?UPS?Home Depot?Georgia Pacific?

Once again incentives were offered by other states,why didn'the they move there?

Many do, all the time. That is one of the reasons why Dallas and Houston are growing at a faster rate than Atlanta.
This post was edited on 7/13/17 at 8:15 am
Posted by Cdawg
TigerFred's Living Room
Member since Sep 2003
59483 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 8:19 am to
quote:

Hammond, LA

it's where the dandelions grow.

No, it's where that big live oak grows.
Posted by WhiskeyPapa
Member since Aug 2016
9277 posts
Posted on 7/13/17 at 8:20 am to
quote:

Why do you think Atlanta has the world's busiest airport?

Because the city refuses to build a second airport like it should.

C'Mon. A new Braves stadium was a lot more important.
Jump to page
Page First 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 14Next pagelast page

logoFollow SECRant for SEC Football News
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest updates on SEC Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitter