Started By
re: .

Posted on 4/24/13 at 10:29 am to
Posted by Bellabama
Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent
Member since Nov 2009
30878 posts
Posted on 4/24/13 at 10:29 am to
When I went biking in Europe, I went about 2 weeks. But then I got to break my shower fast with a sublime shower in one of the nicest hotels in Paris.

It was probably the best shower of my life.
Posted by alabamabuckeye
Member since Jun 2010
22206 posts
Posted on 4/24/13 at 12:07 pm to
Do golden showers count?
Posted by Hardy_Har
MS
Member since Nov 2012
16285 posts
Posted on 4/24/13 at 12:17 pm to
3 weeks during a Military exercise in death valley. You could rinse off kinda. Use wet wipes and more deodorant..

As soon as I bathed we rented a car and went to Vegas..
This post was edited on 4/24/13 at 12:18 pm
Posted by scrooster
Resident Ethicist
Member since Jul 2012
37699 posts
Posted on 4/24/13 at 12:51 pm to
quote:

3 weeks during a Military exercise in death valley. You could rinse off kinda. Use wet wipes and more deodorant..

As soon as I bathed we rented a car and went to Vegas..

Wut?

Are you National Guard or something? Was it in conjunction with Gallant Eagle? You got to leave the Mohave and drive to Vegas after the exercise?

I jumped into a couple of Gallant Eagle exercises out there and we'd go a couple of weeks without bathing but we always ended-up at March AFB taking cold showers under hoses on the tarmac. You'd crap turds like bricks after being in that desert for two weeks eating nothing but c-rats and what little water they allowed you.
Posted by robby1220
Trion, Ga
Member since Sep 2012
1160 posts
Posted on 4/24/13 at 12:53 pm to
quote:

You'd crap turds like bricks after being in that desert for two weeks eating nothing but c-rats and what little water they allowed you.

I thought I was shitting a cinder block after not going for a week and eating nothing but MRE's.
Posted by scrooster
Resident Ethicist
Member since Jul 2012
37699 posts
Posted on 4/24/13 at 12:53 pm to
quote:

When I went biking in Europe, I went about 2 weeks. But then I got to break my shower fast with a sublime shower in one of the nicest hotels in Paris.

Hell, in Paris, you were probably still the cleanest one there before you took your bath after two weeks.

Stinkinest bunch of southern Europeans known to man. Loved the city, disliked the people immensely. Now, Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland .... those places are something to behold, and they take showers there.
Posted by Hardy_Har
MS
Member since Nov 2012
16285 posts
Posted on 4/24/13 at 12:57 pm to
quote:

You got to leave the Mohave and drive to Vegas after the exercise?

National Guard FiST team attached to a Reg Army Unit (for a combat rotation) doing pre-mobilization training. Wasn't supposed to go but nobody was accounting for us, plus we were going to Anbar to die, so we went to Vegas anyways.

I also have made a few antebellum table legs thanks to c rats...
Posted by KajunGator
Lake Arthur, LA
Member since May 2011
7285 posts
Posted on 4/24/13 at 4:29 pm to
My first two months in Iraq we had no running water and could only wash up with wet wipes.....
Posted by TotalRebel
Member since Jan 2013
5886 posts
Posted on 4/24/13 at 4:33 pm to
Probably about three days when I had the Flu. It was seriously like I was in a coma. I only ate about 400 calories in 5 days.
Posted by auzach91
Marietta, GA
Member since Jan 2009
40260 posts
Posted on 4/24/13 at 5:30 pm to
6 days camping
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108851 posts
Posted on 4/24/13 at 5:40 pm to
quote:

Took my first shower in 11 days today.

....What the hell made you go almost two weeks?

And mine was 3 days. It was a trek through Mongolia, and I felt like a god damn bum after that.
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108851 posts
Posted on 4/24/13 at 5:42 pm to
quote:

3 or 4 days. Either because of camping or surgery. I really hate going more than a day without taking a shower.

If this counts, then I once went nearly a month. Had surgery where they removed bones from my body and I could hardly move. I did have a couple of sponge baths though.
Posted by Bellabama
Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent
Member since Nov 2009
30878 posts
Posted on 4/25/13 at 9:17 am to
quote:

Hell, in Paris, you were probably still the cleanest one there before you took your bath after two weeks. Stinkinest bunch of southern Europeans known to man. Loved the city, disliked the people immensely. Now, Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland .... those places are something to behold, and they take showers there.

They really do like to ferment a natural scent.

When I went so long, we still used wash cloths and stuff to do sponge baths. They are cleaner along the French Riveria. It's more like the clean countries.
Posted by robby1220
Trion, Ga
Member since Sep 2012
1160 posts
Posted on 4/25/13 at 9:23 am to
In all honesty, and I don't mean this as racist as it is going to sound, just stating a fact, the hands down nastiest group of people I have ever been around were Bosnians.

This company I worked for in Chickamauga Ga and 2 or 3 others in the area got tax breaks for hiring Bosnians the way a lot of places did for hiring hispanics.

These filthy sonofabitches would work 12 hours a day for 4 days in a row with the same t-shirt on and wouldn't bathe week to week. You could smell them 10 feet away. I asked one once why they did that and he told me that it was their culture. Their women liked "the smell of man" as he put it.
Posted by memphisplaya
Member since Jan 2009
85828 posts
Posted on 4/25/13 at 9:27 am to
quote:

Two days. Even then felt gross as frick.

Same. Greasy hair and face is the worst.
Posted by trickydick12
college station
Member since Sep 2012
1671 posts
Posted on 4/25/13 at 9:49 am to
Well the nastiest I've felt was during the Blue Nose Ceremony.

Longest time without a shower was during military training in Maine.
Posted by FinleyStreet
Member since Aug 2011
7903 posts
Posted on 4/25/13 at 9:59 am to
6 days. Our school MADE us go camping/hiking as a class or you had to do an ungodly amount of community service. It was terrible.
Posted by TRUERockyTop
Appalachia
Member since Sep 2011
15839 posts
Posted on 4/25/13 at 10:13 am to
7 days in the Marshlands @ Ft.Benning

Nothing worse then swamp arse
Posted by TTsTowel
RIP Bow9den/Coastie
Member since Feb 2010
91649 posts
Posted on 4/25/13 at 10:17 am to
Do you like being urinated on, breh?
Posted by UMRealist
Member since Feb 2013
35360 posts
Posted on 4/25/13 at 10:20 am to
Once went 6 days at summer camp without a shower... Open public showers... I was 11 GFY

Haven't gone more than maybe 36 hours without one since. Not going to either
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 3Next pagelast page

logoFollow SECRant for SEC Football News
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest updates on SEC Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitter