re: .

Posted on 7/31/17 at 10:33 am to
Posted by Aman
Alabama
Member since Mar 2010
5181 posts
Posted on 7/31/17 at 10:33 am to
quote:

Did Saban really vote Okie St. 7th in 2011 to knock them out of title game?

No
Posted by ChunkyLover54
Member since Apr 2015
6529 posts
Posted on 7/31/17 at 11:04 am to
quote:

@#12 Florida

Florida, who finished 7–6 (3–5 SEC)
Posted by pvilleguru
Member since Jun 2009
60453 posts
Posted on 7/31/17 at 11:08 am to
quote:

Florida, who finished 7–6 (3–5 SEC)

Didn't their starting QB get hurt during the Alabama game? They were 4-0 going into that game and never recovered after the starter went down.
Posted by Chimlim
Baton Rouge, LA
Member since Jul 2005
17712 posts
Posted on 7/31/17 at 11:22 am to
quote:

I've always wondered why LSU is so certain that OSU lite would have been a guaranteed win.
According to LSU fans, Bama was undeserving, yet LSU couldn't even cross the 50 yard line against them in getting shut out and losing by 3 TDs. Okie State was deserving, but would have been an easy win??

Bama was a great team 2011. It's hard to beat a great team twice. LSU felt Bama was undeserving because Bama did not make the SEC Championship game, hasn't that always been one of the considerations? OSU at least won their conference. I think it affected LSU's mindset in the rematch. I'm not excusing the pitiful performance because that falls on the head coach. Miles shouldn't have let it affect LSU's mindset.

However IMO If LSU had played OSU, I think LSU would have been mentally ready to play and I think LSU would have won fairly easily. LSU handled both Oregon and West Virginia who ran similar offenses.
Posted by pvilleguru
Member since Jun 2009
60453 posts
Posted on 7/31/17 at 11:28 am to
quote:

LSU felt Bama was undeserving because Bama did not make the SEC Championship game, hasn't that always been one of the considerations?

No.
Posted by sardog12
Baton Rouge
Member since Aug 2007
1173 posts
Posted on 7/31/17 at 12:47 pm to
quote:

Or maybe you are just a bitter beat down turdmunch who has to spend the rest of his life realizing that LSU lost their best ever coach to Bama.

Uh, no. We lost him to some insane (for him) need to stroke his ego with dreams of NFL supremacy. He went to Bama because it was the best job to go to when he wanted an exit (LSU already had a head coach).
Page 1 2 3 4 5
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 5 of 5Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow SECRant for SEC Football News
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest updates on SEC Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitter