Started By
re: .

Posted on 7/6/17 at 12:10 pm to
Posted by ChopBlockOclock
Your Head
Member since Jan 2017
800 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 12:10 pm to
I think you have to live in earshot of GA sports stations to appreciate why other fanbases get annoyed with UGA fans. Each and every year ATL sports stations pump UGA up to unbelievable heights all offseason. UGA fans around town call into these shows and fall right into it in annoyingly ignorant fashion. They tend to look at one player or unit and convince themselves that one player is going to get them a championship. They also love them some freshmen which is really annoying because its ignorant. When their upperclassmen arent getting it done they think the new recruiting class is going to come in and take jobs and be awesome from day one. They think their freshmen are already all world and they trumpet it all offseason.

Just like on the radio last week. That new RB that just committed to them got all sorts of airtime. Talking about GA's new #1 ranked RB. Thing is they dont bring up that UGA always gets the #1 and even #2 RBs in the same class for years now and it hasnt gotten them jackshit. The stations here dont even talk recruiting except when UGA gets a highly ranked one and when they do try to talk about it they dont know anything about recruiting. Its annoying.

So to me UGA fans are annoying for 3 reasons.

1. Constantly overrated and nobody really knows why. Like Notre Dame.

2. The way their fanbase acts with recruiting and putting way too much emphasis on their new all world freshmen while being ignorant to the fact that if you have freshmen playing its not a great thing. They also love those annoying arse 247 crystal balls and they fall hand over foot for them.

3. ATL radio constantly pumping them up without any real analysis. Just sunshine pumping.
Posted by ALA2262
Cumming, GA
Member since Jun 2016
1683 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 12:14 pm to
quote:

And no offense, they can leave!

Delta is ready when we are.
Posted by Crowknowsbest
Member since May 2012
25875 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 12:17 pm to
quote:

1. Constantly overrated and nobody really knows why. Like Notre Dame.

Georgia fans don't really have anything to do with that.
quote:

2. The way their fanbase acts with recruiting and putting way too much emphasis on their new all world freshmen while being ignorant to the fact that if you have freshmen playing its not a great thing. They also love those annoying arse 247 crystal balls and they fall hand over foot for them.

If GT ever got highly rated recruits, GT fans would be excited too. All SEC fan bases, Clemson, FSU, etc. do this. You just live in Georgia and don't hear them as much.
quote:

3. ATL radio constantly pumping them up without any real analysis. Just sunshine pumping.

Again, doesn't really have anything to do with UGA fans. It's just good business on the part of the radio station. Fans are hopeful. You play on that hope. If the have a good season, that's good. If they don't, the negative talk is arguably even better.

So nothing you just mentioned is really specific to UGA fans. Fans of teams you don't like are just annoying.
Posted by ChopBlockOclock
Your Head
Member since Jan 2017
800 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 12:24 pm to
I agree with you. That was kinda my point. I dont think the vast majority of UGA fans are annoying. I think ATL media just drives other fanbases crazy with their sunshine pumping. Has nothing to do with the fans for the most part. I find you guys especially on here rather tame. Cheers!
Posted by deeprig9
Unincorporated Ozora, Georgia
Member since Sep 2012
63929 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 12:50 pm to
quote:

I think ATL media just drives other fanbases crazy with their sunshine pumping.

None of this is true. ATL media more often than not goes out of their way to take shots at UGA.
Posted by deeprig9
Unincorporated Ozora, Georgia
Member since Sep 2012
63929 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 12:55 pm to
quote:

I'm only 28 so I don't remember a time when Georgia was actually beating us in football so I don't really have a reason to hate their fans. Older Gators always tell me that when they were beating us that they were insufferable. Honestly they don't sound any better or worse than any college fans.

We're 3-3 this decade so you don't remember a time when Florida was beating us in football either, I guess.

I guess you didn't pay attention to fooball during the time you went to UF?

UGA won:
2010 you were 21 years old
2011 you were 22 years old
2012 you were 23 years old

Or are you another Florida sidewalk fan with a line beard and a LimpBizkit tattoo?
Posted by RB10
Member since Nov 2010
43810 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 1:04 pm to
UGA is the only other Big 6 team I like to see do well. I like most of their posters here as well.
This post was edited on 7/6/17 at 1:07 pm
Posted by SCLibertarian
Conway, South Carolina
Member since Aug 2013
36013 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 1:12 pm to
The UGA grads I know are some of the best people in America. I went to USC Law with several and they were great. Now the sidewalk Dawg fans from bumfrick Georgia are another matter altogether. They are loud, obnoxious and delusional, but they aren't much different than the thousands of delusional rednecks that fill most every SEC stadium on Saturday's.
Posted by DawgCountry
Great State of GA
Member since Sep 2012
30546 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 1:16 pm to
Not sure why it's UGA hate week on tRant but it's enjoyable. Especially with dumbass gator posts like that
Posted by DawgCountry
Great State of GA
Member since Sep 2012
30546 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 1:17 pm to
Exactly. Every fanbase has them
Posted by AeroSpaceTiger
Auburn
Member since May 2017
434 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 1:30 pm to
Weren't the last couple Georgia threads started by Alabama fans?
Posted by DuncanIdaho
Ouray, CO
Member since Feb 2013
14970 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 1:42 pm to
quote:

Weren't the last couple Georgia threads started by Alabama fans?

One by an LSU fan and another by a known alter of an Auburn fan.
Posted by DuncanIdaho
Ouray, CO
Member since Feb 2013
14970 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 1:43 pm to
quote:

One national title in your history

Um, no
Posted by Pettifogger
Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone
Member since Feb 2012
79160 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 1:45 pm to
I see someone is manic today
Posted by Lacour
Member since Nov 2009
32949 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 2:45 pm to
Yeah 2010.

Posted by DuncanIdaho
Ouray, CO
Member since Feb 2013
14970 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 3:09 pm to
Wrong.
This post was edited on 7/6/17 at 3:11 pm
Posted by thatthang
Member since Jan 2012
6770 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 3:18 pm to
Georgia is my favorite team in the east by far, I have lived in and (still love) Athens, and have many many friends who are diehard Dawgs. That said, and this doesn't seem that controversial to me, they can be pretty terrible on gameday in Athens. It's objectively different than how opposing fans are treated in Tuscaloosa or Auburn. Collectively, they kind of remind me of myself...when I was 16...and drunk. The rest of the year, though, they're alright by me.
This post was edited on 7/6/17 at 3:28 pm
Posted by RD Dawg
Atlanta
Member since Sep 2012
27297 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 3:54 pm to
quote:

think you have to live in earshot of GA sports stations to appreciate why other fanbases get annoyed with UGA fans. Each and every year ATL sports stations pump UGA up to unbelievable heights all offseason.

Complete drivel.Kincaid's whole show this morning was predicated on that moronic study that showed UGA as the most overrated CFP in the last 10 years,Kincaid's
whole shtick is predicated on piswing off UGA fans.

Chuck Dowdel is sunshine and lollipops but he is employed by UGA and he's been that way about every team he reported on for 30 years

quote:

TL radio constantly pumping them up without any real analysis. Just sunshine pumping.

Once again,complete horseshite.I'd say Chuck Oliver does give pretty objective analysis and he's also an Auburn grad and was ALL over Auburn winning the SEC in 2015.

IF GT actually had fans the showed up or showed interest in their program thay might give you a little more attention.Don't you think they'd say the same about GT had they signed the #1 RB in the country?
It probably would have been headlines on the front page of the AJC.
This post was edited on 7/7/17 at 6:13 am
Posted by JCinBAMA
North of Huntsville
Member since Oct 2009
17584 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 4:25 pm to

Never mind... see you have moved on to Auburn
This post was edited on 7/6/17 at 4:26 pm
Posted by Lacour
Member since Nov 2009
32949 posts
Posted on 7/6/17 at 4:29 pm to
I'll come Back to y'all
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 3Next pagelast page

logoFollow SECRant for SEC Football News
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest updates on SEC Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitter