by
3 Comments
South Carolina Was Told They Made NCAA Tournament When They Didn't
Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports
So apparently the South Carolina men's basketball team was told they made the NCAA Tournament, then within minutes that changed. Per wistv.com...
quote:

According to USC Athletics Director Ray Tanner, Frank Martin and the Gamecocks were notified by NCAA officials around 6:30 p.m. on March 13, the day of the NCAA Selection Show, that they had been invited to the NCAA Tournament, with a record of 24-8.

Ten minutes later, NCAA officials got in touch with South Carolina officials again and told them their invitation was a mistake, Tanner said. The NCAA Selection Committee instead selected the Vanderbilt Commodores.

USC officials say they were not notified Vandy had made the tournament instead of the Gamecocks.
You can read more of this debacle here.

Comments

3 Comments
user avatar
Solid work Larry
Reply92 months
user avatar
Early April fools
Reply92 months
user avatar
Steve Harvey called?
Reply92 months
Popular Stories