Snooki want Smush Smush
Member since Jun 2010
BCSNCG Day 1 Practice Report (Posted on 1/3/13 at 2:07 pm)
-- C Barrett Jones appeared to be full go during today's viewing session. Neither Don nor I saw much sign of limping. With temperatures hovering in the low 80s, today will serve as an important day for Jones from a conditioning standpoint.
-- LB Denzel Devall was in a normal jersey and participated in most of the drills we were able to watch. He doesn't appear to be 100 percent, but has made some significant strides back from a knee injury during the past week.
-- WR Kenny Bell was in a black, non-contact jersey but was able to do more than when we last got a look at him. He was limping a bit, but not as heavily as last week. After making a catch, AJ McCarron yelled excitedly after Bell made a catch on a long throw.
-- NG Jesse Williams had a more active role with his position group than when we last watched practice. It doesn't appear his knee injury will limit what he does Monday.
-- S Jarrick Williams (knee) continues to wear a black, non-contact jersey. At this point, it'd be a surprise to see him in action Monday.
-- WR Kevin Norwood made a slick catch in front of 25 or so cameramen. The guy truly does elevate his game for the big stage.
-- Alabama wore full pads for its first outdoor practice in weeks.
|Back to top|
Member since Jan 2009
re: BCSNCG Day 1 Practice Report (Posted on 1/3/13 at 3:33 pm to alabamabuckeye)
Thanks.I was eating lunch at Chilie's and saw A.J. sitting at a Mic talking but couldn't hear.Hope I can catch it later.
This post was edited on 1/3 at 3:34 pm
|Back to top|
Alabama 2011 National Champions
Member since Oct 2008
re: BCSNCG Day 1 Practice Report (Posted on 1/3/13 at 3:55 pm to alabamabuckeye)
Per Tider Insider
- Barrett Jones went through drills at center with the first unit. He confirmed once again during his media session earlier in the day that he would be ready to go come Monday
- Perhaps the most surprising development was wide receiver Kenny Bell, who wore a black, no-contact jersey, but participated in skeleton drills with the quarterbacks. He wore a cast on his left leg.
- Bell ran crisp routes, appearing to be just below full speed. At one point, quarterback AJ McCarron shouted, "put him in the game coach!" after Bell caught a pass from Blake Sims.
- Should Bell be available to play, it would take some pressure off of freshman Amari Cooper, who consistently drew double teams in the SEC Championship Game against a defense that did not have to account for the vertical threat of Bell.
- Linebacker Denzel Devall practiced in a regular jersey and went through full drills with linebackers
- Alabama has a beach party at 5 p.m. tonight at the team hotel, but no players or coaches will be available to the media. Defensive coordinator Kirby Smart and select defensive players will be available Friday morning.
- Alabama will practice again Friday at 1:30 eastern, Saturday at 2:15 and hold a final walkthrough Sunday before Monday's BCS National Championship Game.
|Back to top|