|Return to Board Menu Bottom||Page 1|
| SEC Rant Annual Member Newsletter|
Posted by Ice Cold on 3/1 at 8:28 pmAs you might have noticed, the off-season is upon us. That means it's time for our Rite of Spring (HT to Stravinsky) known as the Annual SEC Rant Clean-Up (affectionately known as "Rack 'Em and Whack 'Em" on the admin board).
The following tips should serve as (1) a guide for the plethora of new posters and (B) a reminder to those who already know better. Please be advised that our quality control crews already are hard at work preparing for the summer doldrums. We also are in the process of on-boarding a crack group of interns who will work for even less money than Dhillip and his brothers, so be aware that your fate might rest in the sweaty-palmed hands of basement-dwelling college nerds who have itchy mouse fingers.
Now on with the show:
1. The off-season lull brings with it some leniency for choice of thread topics. Nevertheless, this leniency does not equate to a decline in thread or post quality. We shan't countenance an onslaught of repetitive threads or posts full of bickering, flaming, needless insults, and similar behavior.
2. We have noticed an increase in hijacked/sidetracked/sabotaged threads during the day. Making a thread your personal IM thread, or otherwise derailing a thread because you do not like the subject matter, is not acceptable. This prohibition encompasses hardlegging and wetlegging (i.e., excessive flirtations, innuendo, and general creepiness).
3. The nightly IM thread is a privilege conferred on the SEC Rant due to the specific dynamic of the board. Nevertheless, the SEC Rant is and will continue to be a sports board. If the nightly IM thread (8 p.m. or later) is not serving its intended purpose of consolidating overnight chats, the privilege may be re-evaluated.
4. Contrary to popular belief, the nightly IM thread is not a forum for "anything goes" chatting. Hardlegging and wetlegging are prohibited. Repeat offenders may be subject to a quality control review.
5. We have noticed an increase in "OT-like" drama on the SEC in both IM threads and topical threads. It should go without saying -- but because it does not, we will say it here -- that IRL drama, e-bullying, disclosure of personal info, and other inappropriate actions will not be tolerated. This is a social message board community, but not a place to for your dirty laundry or to attack other posters.
6. As always, be descriptive and accurate when selecting a subject for your thread. For more info, read this informative essay from our fearless leader.
7. Search the board for topics before starting a new thread. Things can move pretty fast here, and you may find a relevant thread already on the board. We have one of the best search engines in the industry.
7. Do not start a new thread in response to an existing thread.
8. If you have an issue, use the RA button, request assistance on the Help Board, or email the admins.
On behalf of the board management, I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome our new posters, as well as the alters of those previously suspended.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
This post was edited on 5/10 at 3:59 pm
Reply Back to Top Refresh
|Return to Board|
Page 1 of 1